If you experience the following error when you start EPSON Print CD, EPSON Easy Photo Print, or another EPSON Creativity Suite program (Copy Utility, File Manager, Darkroom Print, RAW Print), then you must reinstall EPSON EasyPrintModule:
"This application has failed to start because PICSDK.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
Download and install the latest version of EPSON EasyPrintModule from your product's Drivers & Software section on the Epson Support website. If it is not listed, click here to download version 3.1b.
Once downloaded, double-click on the file on your Desktop and follow the instructions from the installation program. Once installed, restart the computer, and then try to use the Epson program again. The issue should be resolved.
If you continue to receive an error message relating to PICSDK.DLL, we recommend uninstalling any Epson software that you installed with your printer or All-In-One.
Follow the process below to do this:
- Click Start, then select Control Panel.
- Double-click on Add or Remove Programs (Windows 2000/ XP) or Programs and Features (Windows 7, Vista).
- Uninstall any of the following programs if listed:
To remove a program you must click on it in the list to highlight it, then click on Change/Remove (Windows 2000/ XP) or Uninstall/Change (Windows 7, Vista).
EPSON Easy Photo Print
EPSON File Manager
EPSON Attach to E-mail
EPSON Copy Utility
EPSON Print CD (you will need your Epson software CD-ROM to reinstall Print CD - it is not available to download)
EPSON Image Clip Palette
EPSON Print Image Framer Tool
EPSON Event Manager
- Open My Computer/Computer.
- Double-click on Local Disc (C:) (the drive that Windows is installed on).
- Find the Program Files folder and double-click on its icon.
- Find the EPSON folder and double-click on the icon to open it.
- Locate the Creativity Suite folder. Right-click on the icon then left-click on Delete from the menu. Also delete the Copy Utility folder if listed here.
- Once deleted, close any open windows down to the Desktop.
- Next, we recommend that you perform a Disk Cleanup.
This is a standard minor part of system maintenance in Windows XP. However, please only perform this if you are confident in carrying it out.
This utility gives you the option of emptying the Recycle Bin, deleting Temporary Files etc. and is carried out at your own risk.
- Open Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.
- This will open the Disk Cleanup utility. Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Once completed, close the utility.
- Restart the computer.
- Once restarted, reinstall all Epson software (such as Event Manager, Easy Photo Print, Print CD, Creativity Suite) including the required Easy Print Module. The latest versions should be downloaded from the website - you do not need to install the printer Driver or Epson Scan. Once installed, restart the computer.
- Once restarted, empty the Recycle Bin and attempt to use your Epson program again.
Back to Top